En Gedi Retreat is more than just a one man show. En Gedi Retreat could not be possible without the support system of volunteers, donors, staff and board members, and people just like you! There is no shortage of ways that you can get involved with our ministry. En Gedi can utilize your willingness to contribute whether you do so with your time, labor, skills, finances, second home, or financially, the list goes on and on.
That being said, we have identified several key areas where we could use your help: opportunity housing, volunteer opportunities, and financial donations.
Opportunity HousingThis is ideal for those seeking to serve En Gedi with a property they own.
There are two ways that you can support En Gedi Retreat with your property.
- Timeshare Donation
- If you own a timeshare, you can donate the use of your timeshare to En Gedi for a temporary or extended amount of time.
- When En Gedi has access to a timeshare, we are better able to accommodate pastors and missionaries in a more diverse capacity.
- Primary/Secondary Home Donation
- If you have a home that you will not be living in for a minimum of two months, En Gedi Retreat is able to utilize this asset to provide another retreat for pastors and missionaries.
- When you donate a home to En Gedi for temporary/extended use, it is our first concern to ensure that the property is in alignment with our ‘First Rate’ standard, and next to ensure the property is well taken care of for the duration of our use.
Volunteer OpportunitiesThis is ideal for those who are seeking to serve En Gedi with their time or skill set.
There are two main volunteer opportunities that we offer, based on your availability/commitment level:
- Project Volunteer (Low commitment/time)
- At any given time, En Gedi can have 2-3 projects that we are striving to develop and bring to completion. These projects can include basic maintenance at our retreat locations, interviews with pastors and missionaries, new retreat location development, etc. These projects often require man power in order to complete, but may not require long-term commitment.
- We recognize that you may have a strong desire to serve, but we also recognize your hectic schedule. Volunteering for one of our projects is a perfect way to serve this ministry without a long-term commitment.
- Staff Volunteer (Full commitment, and time based on your desire)
- En Gedi is currently staffed by men and women just like you. All of our staff have full-time jobs, families, and other commitments. These staff members serve En Gedi as part-time volunteers, pioneering their own positions to accomplish the vision of En Gedi.
- This is an ideal position for someone who has bought into the vision of En Gedi and willing to expand the Kingdom of God.
Financial DonationsThis is ideal for those who are seeking to serve En Gedi with their monetary capabilities.
There are two main ways that you can financially support En Gedi:
- One-time Gift
- En Gedi is 100% supported by individuals like you. We have a full staff that works on a voluntary basis, so that 100% of what you donate goes toward serving pastors and missionaries. All that you donate is tax-deductible.
- One-time gifts are helpful for providing for our various projects to improve our current facilities or to fund new endeavors.
- Monthly Gifts
- In order to run our retreat centers (temporary and permanent), we need financial support. This ministry survives off of willing men and women who choose to invest in our vision to serve pastors and missionaries.
- We ask those who donate on a monthly basis to commit for a full year. It is primarily through monthly donors that En Gedi is able to be financially sustainable.